About Me

April 15, 2017

Old Then New.

I've been so intrigued by the post of
many bloggers who use chalk paint.


We've gathered a number of pieces of
old furniture over the years, some of
which is not in the best shape. It's
time to give "new life" to these pieces.


But first I had to learn how to make
then use real chalk paint as a medium.


My first piece to tackle: our original
dining room hutch. We ended up getting
this for free as the company messed up
and instead of picking it up, they just
refunded us our money. We didn't
argue, so it was a win~win for all.


Glass doors taken off the hutch and doors
and drawers removed from the base.


I found many recipes and the first one I
tried mixed up very nicely, so smooth.


Now it's time to paint and now the anxiety
begins to build in my little body and my mind.



First coat goes on nice and smooth.
It's not so bad. I kinda like this.


One more coat and then we'll try our
hand at the waxing. This part is going
to be tricky but we might chalk paint
an old board just to practice the process.

Have you gathered old pieces over the years?
Have you ever used chalk paint to refinish furniture?

2 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great first chalk paint project - you will love the result. Good idea to practice the waxing on a piece of same painted board. Hope you post the after soon.
Joy

Chy said...

Thank you Joy. It was fun and I do promise to share photos of the after. Almost done! X Chy