About Me

December 27, 2014

Capture December: Day Twenty-Six.

Hi everyone!

This season, there is so much to be grateful for. I'm thankful for my family, my home, my community, my work and my health. Some days, it's not perfect, life may seem bleak and dark. But there is always brighter times and when times are tough, we ride it out with hope. I'm grateful on a daily basis for the country I reside in and the peace we enjoy. 


As the theme for the Capture December Photo Challenge for the twenty-sixth day was "Grateful" I spent quite a bit of time trying to decide which photo would accurately depict my feelings. In the end, I chose this silly pic, with the "elusive" letter O we've been trying to find! For my birthday in November, my dh and kids found letters to spell out "ART STUDIO" for the new house. However, the store was out of "O's" so we've been waiting for new stock to arrive. I actually had forgotten about this until Christmas Day when upon opening this package, the "O" fell out on to my lap! And this was truly a moment of gratitude, even with the silliness of our giggles. How could an "O" make me feel so grateful? 

* Because my dh traveled into the city to find it. 
* Because he remembered our set wasn't complete. 
* Because it fit into the frugal Christmas budget. 
* Because it created a giggle fest with our kids.

Not my favorite gift nor the most sensible. 
But one I'll remember every time I see it!

A reminder of being loved and cared for. 
Brought to you today by the letter "O!"

Do you have something you are grateful for today?

No comments: