About Me

June 13, 2014

Triple Threat!

Today was a day that some may have thought about skipping. A true triple threat with the date of Friday, the 13th, followed by a rare full moon on the 13th and we were already in the midst of a Mercury Retrograde. A scary day to even comprehend!


I'm quite superstitious and with all three of these events lined up in one neat package for the day, I wasn't sure how it would all play out. 


But it turned out to be an incredibly awesome day. Starting with sunny, warm weather, followed by a chance to meet with a dear friend, then time spent at preschool with my grandson and the news that dh had landed his biggest deal ever in his career! I found a great deal on chicken at the store, made a fast but tasty dinner and while my guy was off to the first football game of the season with his buddy, my dd and I enjoyed shopping together after dinner. She also helped me pull off a big secret that dh was not privy to at the time. More to be revealed in a future post!


Once our shopping was done, we headed home to relax. A great end to a day that could have gone in so many directions but for our crew, was one of those amazing times that make us so grateful for this life. 

How was your Friday the 13th?

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I made it through unscathed, but honestly, didn't really even remember that the 13th and Friday lined up this month until you mentioned it today. Cheers!

Chy said...

It was quite the news story here. And the families in our preschool and in our bereavement programs were really talking about it, so we were constantly reminded. Glad you made it through!