About Me

May 6, 2013

Question of the Day!


Our world has woken up finally and spring has arrived. The sun is out, there is a light breeze, the air smells wonderful, the grass is getting greener by the moment and the buds on the trees are bigger every second. As much as I love the rain, the sun goes make everything "happy." Planning my day to include time outside, watering our lawns and our plants, sitting on the deck under the gazebo to have my lunch and opening all the windows to bring the air inside. Classical music playing to keep my company. Cupcakes baking in the oven. 

I have to teach a class today to a group of grieving teens at an alternative school in the city. A nice little group, with 3 boys and 1 girl, plus their guidance counsellor. We're meeting for 8 weeks and today is week 3. I've planned our art based around clay, something they were quite interested in trying. I have one very chatty boy who is very determined to not go down the same path as his family members in their grief journey, which has included addictions and crime. Smart kid, full of hope for his own future. 

After the class, I have to pick up my daughter from work and we should be home by 3:20. That leaves the rest of the evening for enjoying the yard, including dinner on the deck. I have some paperwork to tackle and hope to get a good start this morning. I have two deadlines looming. One is Friday but that one just requires printing off the documents to send. The other is next week, May 14th. It's a big one and lots of little pieces of paper and notes that need to be organized. The actual meeting will be less than an hour but the gathering will consume some time that as much as I don't want to do it, it will be good to get those things into a better order of organization. Next week is full of meetings every evening and one concert midweek, so I'm cherishing this week that includes just one evening meeting on Thursday. Working in the morning tomorrow, then working from home in the afternoon. Wednesday is my day off. Thursday is my long day, a solid 12 hour work day, including two counselling sessions in the morning for two children, an afternoon class to attend (yeah, I'm not teaching that one!), and a support group meeting in the evening to lead. All easy stuff. Friday is easy with two small classes with little people. Saturday is full with a grief class in the morning and shopping/housework/gardening in the afternoon. We might go to a plant sale at a community event that includes an art sale! Sunday is Mother's Day and hopefully a day of blissful nothing, except family, good food and relaxing. The weather is supposed to be 20+ every day. I should be sporting a lovely tone of brown on my skin by week's end!

My quote and question for the day: 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver, poet

No comments: